FAQ on Responsibility of Ukrposhta
To check the delivery status of a registered item, contact the postal operator with an application for search (both sender and recipient can submit it) or apply on-line.
The original or copy of the payment document on acceptance of the postal item for sending (sales receipt, payment receipt) shall be attached to the application.
The following information should be indicated in the application:
- type and category of postal item;
- number of item;
- place and date of acceptance for sending.
We recommend contact the sender of the item regarding the non-receiving or replacement of the product ordered on-line.
Applications for search shall be submitted within six months of acceptance of the postal item by Ukrposhta (in accordance with the Rules for the provision of postal services, approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 270 as of 05.03.09, according to the Acts of the Universal Postal Union (Geneva, 2008).
* Search is only possible for international items.
If the user disagrees with a certain amount of compensation, the issue of compensation for actual damages caused to him/her, moral damages, loss of profit due to improper fulfilment of obligations by the operators, as well as other disputes between users and operator are considered in court order (according to art. 18 of the Law of Ukraine “On postal communications”).
Sending the items within Ukraine:
- for the total loss of registered postal items (registered letter, parcel, postcard, notification of delivery of the postal item), packages and direct containers without declared value — compensation for the cost of postal services and a fine in the amount of 100% of the cost of these services;
- for partial loss (damage) of the enclosure of the parcel without declared value — compensation for of its value in proportion to the weight of the lost or damaged part of the enclosure by dividing the amount of the tariff for sending to the net weight of the enclosure and a fine in the amount of 100% of the cost of the postal services;
- for complete loss (damage) of the enclosure of parcel with declared value, letter or packages with declared value — compensation in the amount of the declared value of the postal item, the cost of postal services and a fine in the amount of 25% of the cost of these services;
- for partial loss (damage) of the enclosure of the parcel with declared value, letter or package with declared value with the description of the enclosure — return (compensation) of the value of enclosure or its damaged part according to the description, the cost of postal services and a fine in the amount of 25% of the cost of these services. If the damaged enclosure can be used, the amount of compensation shall be reduced by agreement with the sender or addressee. If the sender or the addressee refuse to receive the partially damaged enclosure, it is disposed by the postal company (operator). Failure to indicate in the description of the value of the enclosure or sending without description, the amount of compensation shall be determined in proportion to the lost or damaged part of the enclosure, regardless of its actual value, but not more than the declared value of the parcel, letter or package. In this case, the value per weight of item is determined by dividing the amount of the declared value to net weight of the enclosure;
- for late delivery of registered postal items — a fine in the amount of 25% of the cost of postal services;
- in case of violation of the deadlines for sending the air letters — the difference between the payment for air and land transport and a fine in the amount of 25% of the cost of postal services.
For the loss (damage) of international postal items and parcels, the postal company (operator) shall be liable in accordance with the Acts of the Universal Postal Union and the laws of Ukraine, for non-payment of international postal orders — in accordance with international agreements of Ukraine.
The cost of the services is compensated to the consumer of the postal service when presenting a receipt for payment for the postal service.
Putting such a mark is provided by regulatory documents. If the employee of post office finds damage to the package of uninsured and registered items, then he/she takes all necessary measures to eliminate it and puts the mark “Received in damaged form” which is certified by the employee’s signature and stamp of the postmark (according to clause 122 of the Rules for the provision of postal services, approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 270 as of 05.03.09).
The sender or recipient may submit application for search of postal transfer/postpayment transfer to e-mail address [email protected] or in any office of Ukrposhta with attached copy of the receipt.