About the service
You can send a parcel from Poland to Ukraine in a convenient and safe way with InPost, SMART Forwarding and Ukrposhta.
Delivery is from hand to hand, so it is the safest way to send clothing, food, appliances or other goods to your family.
You can send the postal item from any city in Poland with delivery to any settlement in Ukraine.
Benefits of the service
Delivery from hand to hand*
No need to print any supporting documents
The parcel can be tracked by a tracking number
Volumetric weight is included in the tariff, with no hidden fees
Here are some simple steps to use the service
- Please read the terms of service and check if the content you are going to send is allowed. Prepare and pack the parcel so that the packaging ensures the safety of the content, then weigh the packed parcel and check its dimensions (height, length, width).
- Select the shipping method by inPost: InPost Courier or InPost “No Printer”.
- Pre-register your parcel on SMART Post Global website: indicate the weight and dimensions, the sender and the recipient data, the shipping method in Ukraine (to the post office/by courier), fill out the customs declaration and pay for the shipping.
- On the parcel, write with a pen/marker the international tracking number that you received in an email message together with the supporting documents (for example, DK000004444GR). Track your parcel online on the SMART Post Global website or Ukrposhta website.
* When ordering courier delivery in Ukraine. Such delivery can be ordered to Kyiv, Lviv, Odesa, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Uzhhorod, Lutsk, Rivne, Ternopil, Chernivtsi, Ivano-Frankivsk, Zhytomyr, Khmelnytskyi, Vinnytsia, Kropyvnytskyi, Cherkasy, Mykolayiv, Kherson, Chernihiv, Zaporizhzhia, Mariupol (Donetsk Region), Lysychansk, Severodonetsk and Rubizhne (Luhansk Region)
You should provide:
- the name and surname of the sender and the recipient
- full postal address (country, region (for Ukraine), settlement, street, house and apartment number, post code) of the sender and the recipient
- mobile phone numbers of the sender and the recipient
In addition, the sender shall specify his/her email — SMART Post will send you an email message with customs documents, postal labels, the receipt and the invoice for the payment for delivery services.
Sending a parcel in Poland
You can send a parcel with an InPost Courier or through the InPost network of more than 8,000 lockers and outlets across Poland. Before posting the item, please decide whether you will be able to print the required supporting documents.
Sending a parcel with printed documents
If you have a prepared parcel and supporting documents, you can send it with an InPost Courier or via an InPost Locker.
To send your item with a Courier:
- Choose "InPost Courier" as a shipping method.
- Enter information about the sender and the recipient, complete a customs declaration, and you will receive the supporting documents by email.
- Print the supporting documents and attach them to the item, indicate the international tracking number (e.g. DK000004444GR) on the box with a pen or marker.
- Submit the prepared item to an InPost Courier.
Sending a parcel without printed documents
To send your parcel without printed documents via an InPost locker or outlet:
- Choose "InPost No Printer" as a shipping method.
- Enter information about the sender and the recipient, complete a customs declaration, and you will receive an SMS with a 10-digit Return Delivery Code (ZWROT).
- Indicate the 10-digit code (ZWROT) on the packaging/box in uppercase characters (for example: ZWROT 1234567890) and the international tracking number (for example: DK000004444GR).
- Bring the prepared item to any InPost locker or outlet. When sending an item via an InPost outlet, tell the staff that you are using a ZWROT code and show it on your parcel.
You can send a prepared parcel with supporting documents with an InPost Courier or via an InPost Locker.
Receiving a parcel in Ukraine
Ukrposhta Courier *
In Ukrposhta post office
Receive a parcel at any of the 11,000 post offices across Ukraine. You will need to present your passport or another identity document in order to receive the item.
If you are unable to print the documents, select the InPost “No Printer” shipping method with a ZWROT 10-digit Return Delivery Code. You will receive the code in an SMS to your mobile phone. Indicate the code received along with the word “ZWROT” in uppercase characters on the packaging/box (for example: ZWROT 1234567890) and send the item via an InPost outlet or an InPost parcel locker. When sending a parcel via an InPost outlet, tell the staff that your postal item is ZWROT and provide the number.
Please note that you should send the parcel within three days after you receive the code. If you are not able to pre-register the item within this time, please contact the online support manager on the SMART Post Global website.
When filling out the customs declaration, list all the goods / products / items you are going to ship. Specify the exact weight, length, width and height of the packed parcel.
If you specify incorrect dimensions or weight, we will send detailed instructions with further steps to your email.
Postal items must meet the following requirements
If you have difficulty sending or receiving a parcel, please contact a manager.
Support Service in Poland:
- Online chat on the SMART Post Global website
- Contact Centre: +48 222 662 177
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Service in Ukraine: